We welcome all adults over age 18 who have some rowing experience and who meet our safety requirements.
What does membership include?
Lots! When you join the Academicals Rowing Club your membership gets you:
- Weekly scheduled outings with sweep and/or sculling crews
- Weekly ERG training sessions
- Subsidised coaching
- Insurance cover when you’re training with Oxford Acadmicals crews
- Socials and fun!
What’s not included?
There are a couple of extras you’ll need to cover on top of your membership:
- Coaching fees – coached outings are charged at £3-£4 per seat
- British Rowing membership – if you want to take it out, or if you’re racing
- Kit – if you want to deck yourself out in Accies branded clothing!
- Race fees, trailering & transport – if you’re racing; typically about £50 per race
|Full annual membership||June-May (variable)||£205|
|Student annual membership||June-May (variable)||£135|
|New member summer membership||June-Sept||£125|
|Student summer membership||June-Sept||£85|
|Coxing and/or coaching only membership||June-Sept||FREE|
|Own equipment membership*||June-Sept||£49*|
Monthly memberships are available for rowers joining the club mid-cycle. Or, if you’re experiencing financial hardship we can work with you to support your individual circumstances. Please contact us to discuss either of these options.
*Own equipment memberships are available to rowers with their own boat and provides a club affiliation to the Oxford Academicals and access to social events. This membership does not include racking.